Tuesday, January 06, 2009

SWIFFER WET / JET MOP !

With the tiled kitchen floor turning from freshly steam cleaned white to a somewhat chicken manure grey, I decided and purchased that Wet/Jet mop I'm sure you've seen on those nauseating ads on tv. It arrived today unassembled of course, in a bright purple colored box....o.k. so I've got to put this new fangled cleaning mop system thing together before being able to clean the floor. So I took out all the purple looking plastic pieces out of the box and placed them on the kitchen table.
Putting this together was not something I wanted to do on an empty stomach and no caffeine in my system. Anyway...Normally I wouldn't read the instructions on putting this thing together but I figured I better at least see what step one is.

Step one: Install four AA batteries (Not included)in the battery compartment.
"Batteries"? WTF! I didn't know it needed batteries. I found four AA batteries and removed the plastic purple battery compartment. Placing the batteries into the cover as directed. The cover wouldn't go back in the mop of a thing because the batteries where in the way. After a few minutes of moving them up and down in this flimsy purple plastic battery cover they kind of clicked into place allowing that little extra room for the cover to be re attached. Now onto the handle. It had three pieces that simply snapped together. Did it connect properly? I couldn't tell. The mop head snapped into place with ease. Now for the bottle of cleaning solution that came with this mopping machine... It had to be snapped into place and did so rather easily.
I put the cleaning pad on the base and was ready to try it out on the tile floor.
The door bell rang... It was the UPS guy delivering the new doggie hair vacuum cleaner I had just purchased. Getting back to the Wet / Jet Mop...Pushing the button on the handle started the cleaning solution to piss on the floor in front of the mop. "Cool" I thought. Then moved it back and forth over the tile and it cleaned really good until that battery compartment cover fell off onto the floor. So I got that back in place secured with duct tape. I didn't spend a lot for this thing and probably will use it from time to time. Hey after all it is purple.
Now on to that Doggie hair vacuum cleaner!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment