Friday, January 02, 2009

I'M PISSED OFF AT THIS LANGUAGE THING , AGAIN !

Today started out for me as a somewhat normal day.
Well my normal day is other peoples nightmares but it was normal enough for me.

I received a letter from one of my bank credit card holders,
informing me of some unusual credit card activity.
(Sure would be unusual because I haven't used that card in ten years).

In the letter they instructed for me to contact the bank by phone immediately if I thought the activity on the card was fraudulent.(This is where the demons took over).

I called the bank and was instructed by the computer answering my call to press one for English. Well this just sets off all kind of bells in my head but not really being awake I let it go. Thinking I shouldn't have to press one for English!
When you get automated phone answering systems in other countries, do they prompt to you push one for that country's language?
I don't think so! This is America.

If you live here, know the language – ENGLISH. So right off feeling uneasy about it I pressed number one to listen to a computer speaking to me in English.

The phone line went click click click and then abruptly went dead, then the dial tone sounded in my ear. O.k. I thought to myself, things like this happen sometimes in this computer answering telephones age, so I pressed redial and was re connected to that same evil computer answering message telling me to press one for English.

After I pressed one it went into this "presione uno para el inglés". What do they think I'm calling from Argentina? I hung up the phone and did the redial thing again.

This time I got a message:
"hola dé la bienvenida a la Bank of America si usted sabe que sus partidos que el extention usted puede presionarlo ahora si no permanezca por favor en la línea para el asistente availible siguiente".

Huh?

I realize that America has no official language as yet but it soon will be Spanish if un-naturalized citizens are not required to take a English first test to become a citizen. If I moved and immigrated to another country, I would respect that country enough to learn its cultures, lifestyles and language. Bottom line here is not about pushing a number on the telephone key pad. But there is compilation that if you want to live in a country ,any country and be accepted as a part of that country, start by leaning the language! I can't accept the virus of ignorance and the overwhelming of illegal aliens overtaking the country that our fathers defended. This is English America not a freaking Rican America.
What's next alto in place of stop signs?

So I finally got through the system and talked to a some what English speaking Pakistani person and got the charges on that credit card deleted. I still feel uneasy pressing one for English!


.

No comments:

Post a Comment